Armenia day 7 – Khor Virap, Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery, Yerevan at night.
- Map 1 an approximate route out of Yerevan to Khor Virap.
- Map 2 overall route driven between Yerevan and sites.
Route map Yervan to Khor Virap, Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery
Map route central Yerevan towards Khor Virap, and to Garni Temple and Geghard Monastery.
Waypoints might not be exact, don’t rely on only this map for navigation, get a GPS or better map – there are very few signposts. There are also different routes to Khor Virap and Garni, Geghard from Yerevan (Erevan).
- Republic Square, Yerevan, Armenia – start point approximately
- Tigran Metz Ave off Republic Square
- Hayrenik Cinema roundabout, Garegin Nzhdeh Street
- Bagratuniats St/E117/M2 roundabout – location of 24 hr tyre repair shop (turn right at roundabout) – Voske Aniv (www.voskeaniv.am) Automobile Tire Shop, 24 hrs, Bagratuniats St 46/2 (E117) near Arshakuniats Ave roundabout, tel +374-10-572275 (or +374-10-573170?).
- 1st Street(?) dogleg – turn left, under railway bridge, turn right.
- Khor Virap, Ararat, Armenia
- M-15 – turn right, looks like a direct route but a section appeared to be closed or difficult to navigate with 2wd vehicle, so at waypoint H a friendly Armenian directed me the long-way round.
- Mahari St
- Davit-Bek St
- Jrvezh, Kotayk
- Garni Temple, Goght, Kotayk, Ararat
- Geghard Monastery, Kotayk, Armenia
- Abovyan Street, Yerevan, Armenia
293 - Khor Virap monastery and Mt Ararat
320 - Khor Virap monastery and Mt Ararat.
449 - Khor Virap - St Astvatsatsin church exterior
475 - Khor Virap dungeon prison cell where St Gregory (Grigor the Illuminator) was locked up for 13 years
507 - Khor Virap St Astvatsatsin church interior
556 - Khor Virap monastery and Turkish border - the dirt road going off into the horizon, the town on the left of it is in Armenia.
571 - Dry, arid, dusty, hazy Yerevan city and TV mast.
636 - path to Garni Temple panorama
610 - View of canyon river valley from Garni Temple.
640 - Garni Temple Yerevan outside
654 - Garni Temple Yerevan and view over canyon panorama
684 - Garni Temple front entrance pillars
700 - Geghard Monastery Yerevan main entrance
715 - tunnel entrance (LH side) to the Papak and Ruzukan Gavit-Sepulcher (Upper), Geghard Monastery.
716 - tunnel passage to the Papak and Ruzukan (Upper) Gavit-Sepulcher, Geghard Monastery.
762 - Proshian Chapel-Sepulcher, Geghard Monastery
830 - Katoghikeh (Katoghike) Church Gavit roof interior and pillar, Geghard Monastery
856 - Katoghikeh (Katoghike) Church exterior, Geghard Monastery Yerevan
883 - Cafe in Yerevan park at night.
893 - Yerevan street intersection underground shopping center
027 - Republic Square, Yerevan (Erevan) at night
065 - Yerevan Opera House and Aram Khachaturian (Khatchaturian) statue at night
086 - Yerevan streets Ameria Bank building at night
097 - Yerevan Cafesjian Arts Center Alexander Tamanian statue at night
122 - Yerevan top of Cafesjian Arts Center Cascades swimmer statues at night
150 - View over Yerevan at night from top of Cafesjian Cascades stairs.
157 - Yerevan TV mast at night.
165 - old Russian Soviet Volga 21 taxi in Yerevan