Cafesjian Art Centre Yerevan (Cafesjian Center for the Arts, Kafesjian, CCA), Cascades, and Statue Garden. Also called the Cafesjian Museum of Art, Cafesjian Museum of Contemporary Art, Cafesjian Museum Foundation (CMF). The Cascade is a large staircase built into the side of a hill north of Yerevan city center, inside is the Cafesjian Art Center. There are statues and a garden at the bottom of the Cascades. The top of the Cascades is a good spot for views and photos of Yerevan and Mt Ararat.
The Cafesjian Art Center has several galleries and a souvenir shop. From bottom to top …
- Visitor Center – buy tickets, audiovisual display about the Cafesjian Center, information about concerts in the Special Events Auditorium.
- Gallery One – also has the museum and art center shop, free entry
- Khanjyan Hall (Khanian) – large mural of Yerevan history, interesting, free entry
- Sasuntsi Davit Garden Hall
- Sasuntsi Davit Hall or Gallery
- Eagle Garden Hall – a model boat, model train, Model N Ford (a real one, not the same as a Model T), and a piece of an opera house.
- Eagle Gallery – various exhibitions
- Auditorium – music concerts with views out the window over Yerevan. Information center at the bottom has a schedule of events.
- Swarovski Gallery – free, exhibition of Swarovski crystal ornaments. Interesting.
About the Cafesjian Art Center and Cascades
- Founded by Gerard L. Cafesjian (hence the name).
- Ticket price AMD 1,000 or USD $2.50 (in 2012). No ticket needed to use the escalators or staircase, visit some galleries, outdoor terraces.
- Cafesjian opening hours 1000-1700 Tue-Thu, 1000-2000 Fri-Sun, closed Mon (in 2012).
- Cascades inside escalators operating times 0800-2000 every day (in 2012).
- Website at www.cmf.am, tel +374-10-56-72-62 (visitor center), email email@example.com.
List of statues at the Cafesjian Art Center and Statue Garden (incomplete)
- Alexander Tamanian (Tamanyan)
- Alphabet Man (Shadows I) by Jaume Plensa
- Carpe by Francois-Xavier Lalanne (on terrace)
- Cat by Fernando Botero
- Glowing man (inside)
- Hare on Bell by Barry Flanagan
- Leaping Gazelles
- Lion 2 by Ji Yong-Ho (on terrace)
- Prancing Horse by Martin Lowe
- Swimmer or diver statues (on terrace)
- Subaru SVX 1992 spray coated (inside)
- The Visitor by David Breuer-Weil (on terrace)
Cafesjian Center for the Arts photos