Yerevan City Big Bus Tour – official tour of Yerevan (Erevan) operated by the Yerevan Municipality. Great introduction tour and commentary for tourists new to Yerevan.
There are many other tour operators running bus tours of Yerevan and Armenia but this appears to be the only one with an open top upper deck. This information from summer 2012.
- Bus tour doesn’t operate on Mondays?
- Tour starts and ends at France Square (near the Yerevan Opera House).
- Tour start times 1100, 1500, and 1900 (not every 30 minutes as given in some information). If not enough people then tour doesn’t operate (minimum 6?) – the 1500 tour is more likely to be short of people in summer because it’s too hot. Tour duration about 2 hours.
- Not great for taking photos because it doesn’t stop (except in traffic jams and at traffic lights).
- Ticket prices AMD 3,000 (USD$7.50) for adults, AMD 2,000 (USD$5.00) for students, AMD 1,000 (USD$2.50) for children 7-15 years old, free for children under 7 and disabled passengers.
- Audio guide provided in several languages – Armenian, English, French, German, Iranian, Russian.
- It is not a hop-on hop-off type tour despite what it says in the brochure and website (at least not when I went in summer 2012). There was one stop for a smoko break at the Yerevan Railway Station.
- More information telephone Yerevan Municipality Tourism Department +374-10-514230.
- Bus tour operation officially started 10 October 2011?
Route points and bus stops (bus only stops at #6 though)
- Square of France and Yerevan Opera House – intersection of Sayat-Nova St and Mashtots Ave.
- Charents House-Museum – on Mashtots Ave, then to Haghtanak Bridge (Victory Bridge), Athenq Street, Square of Brazil, Argishti Street, Square of Russia, Grigor Lusavorich Street.
- Circus – then to Arshakunyats St (Arshatkuniats St), Pantheon of Komitas Park.
- Dolphinarium – then to Garegin Nzhdeh Bridge, Artsakh St, Erebuni St.
- Erebuni Historical and Archeological Museum – then Artsakh St, Erebuni St.
- David of Sasson (Yerevan Railway Station) – then Tigran Mets Ave (Tigran the Great), Hanrapetutyun Square (Republic Sq).
- Republic Square – then Tigran Mets Avenue, Khanjyan St (Khanjian St), Moscovyan St (Moscovian St), Abovyan Square (Abovian Sq), Saralanji St, Azatutyan Ave (Freedom Ave), Babayan St.
- Hagatanak Park (Victory Park) – then New Highway, Abovyan Square, Moscovyan St, The Cascade (Cafesjian Art Center)
- Return to Stop #1 – France Square.